We use a high specification timber or steel frame build construction and flexible foundation system for our garden room structures. This method enables our builds to have the maximum possible internal ceiling height without compromising on build strength.
A sturdy foundation system is one of the key elements to a good garden building. Our 40N concrete & zinc plated heavy duty steel stud bar pile system involves setting adjustable solid steel studs into deep concrete filled pockets beneath ground. The steel studs carry adjustable seat plates to support the base of the building. This means that the base is then elevated slightly above the ground level which prevents water ingress/damp & also provides air circulation beneath the building.
The adjustable steel studs also mean that we can build a level base across uneven ground.
Customers use our garden rooms for lots of different reasons such as therapy rooms, gyms, hot tubs, games room, pool tables, home bars, home offices etc. We believe in building a heavy-duty base & floor as standard so that our rooms are suitable for as many uses as possible. Our base system includes the following:
- Frame Work – 100mm x 75mm C16 strength graded treated timber
- Floor Joists – 100mm x 50mm C16 strength graded treated timber
- Insulation – 100mm EPS rigid
- Moisture barrier
- Glued & screwed 22mm thick, coated P5 moisture resistant, tongue and groove floor boards
- The timber framework is positioned onto the pre levelled seat on each of the concrete & steel pile foundations to create a level, flat finished base.